Monday, August 30, 2010

Canning


Mom and I made 16 quarts and 6 pints of spaghetti sauce and 9 pints of pickled beets, I didn't take any photo's of those! It's a lot of time but the work isn't too hard! I enjoy canning so much and have missed having my own garden, I really look forward to taking care of my own garden again soon and reaping the rewards. One of the best things about our new place is that there is an orchard with apple trees and plum tree. 3 grape arbors, raspberry, blueberry and blackberries... I need to plant a new strawberry patch. rhubarb from New Zeland! However, we will have to make the vegtable garden a little bigger! I look forward so much to perserving my own food, which means cutting way back on the grocery bill and eating much healthier.

Steve and I have plans to build a chicken coop, which is going to be fabulous and are hoping to get whole milk from the neighbor's down the road because both have dairy cows! In the future I'm also hoping to build a greenhouse, that's always been a dream of mine to grow vegtables and flower's in a greenhouse.

It's so amazing how these simply dreams Steve and I have had for years are going to be able to come alive just by moving somewhere more rural. We can't praise God enough for what he is giving to us!! And soon I'll be blogging all about adventures from the homestead!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: